Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Oh Fudge!



I love chocolate.  No, really I LOVE CHOCOLATE so much that I used to sleep with it in my mouth.  When I lived in Cebu my father worked in Saudi Arabia and used to send boxes of American chocolate. Hershey's Kisses were my favorite and I used to hide a few (insert sarcasm) from my mother and pop it in my mouth right before I went to bed. Needless to say, I carried on with this gluttonous affair till my early twenties.  

Fudge is another American invention dating back to the 1880's. Different types of chocolate melted together with cream, butter and sugar -- it is a lover of chocolate's ultimate dream.  This recipe is a modern rendition with sweetened condensed milk.   I volunteer at a local Elementary school as a reading tutor.  My program manager gave out fudge pieces with a recipe card for the holiday season and wanted to share it with you. 

Quick Yummy Fudge

1 c milk chocolate chips
2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
dash of salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 c walnuts, chopped

1)   Add condensed milk, chocolate chips, and salt to pan.
2)   Mix.
3)   Stir over low heat until melted.
4)   Add vanilla and walnuts.
5)  Line 8" square pan with aluminum foil.
6)  Pour in fudge.
7)  Let cool on counter.
8)  Put in fridge for 3 hours.
9)  Remove foil.
10)  EAT ALL NOW -- just kidding, cut into pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment